Types of service
Let us know what you need
If you are looking for a job, please use these other form to registre on our database: Work with us.
Tasks of a House Maid
A house maid will help you in all your daily house-keeping duties. This way you will free yourself up of alot of time to enjoy your quality time with your family, your career and hobbies. Many of our clients told us they experienced a great change in their lives after hiring a housemaid.
Some of these tasks are:
- Go do the weekly or monthly shopping
- Preparing meals and packed lunch
- Clean and polish furniture
- Clean and polish floors and counters
- Cleaning the kitchen after using it. This is importante because the grease build up is prevented.
- Clean the living room and dining rooms after lunch or dinner with guests.
- Make the bed and changing bedsheets.
- Doing the laundry
- Cleaning and polishing mirrors and windows.
- Vacuum clean floors.
- Ironing. These is particularly useful as it is time consuming.
- Cleaning the toilet daily.
- Cleaning the curtains and binders.
- Cleaning the ceilings and lights so that they don’t accumulate dust and spiderwebs.
- Buying cleaning products.
- Buying any light bulbs or electrical devices needed for everyday use.
- Daily childcare. This includes preparing lunch, helping them get dressed, doctor appointments and taking medicines.
- Write down shopping expenses.
- Pet care
House maid working condtions
We help you with all the paperwork and offer assistance so that both parts are satisfied and the conditions for both of you are fair.
- Registering the employee in the Spanish social insurance. The employer is responsible for this.
- 40 hour work week. If extra hours are needed, these must be consensual between both parties and need to be payed according to legal requirements. This depends on the agreed salary between both parties.
- The maximum number of extra hours that can be worked by the housemaid in a year. These are less than 2 a week.
- Minimum rest days are 2 days a week for 12 hours. These can be reduced to 10 as long as both parties agree.
- There must be a minimum of 36 hours rest a week. These can be for instance from 10h on Saturday to 20h on Sunday or from 12h on Friday to 22h on Saturday.
- Vacations are 2,5 natural days for each month worked. These are 20 days a year plus 2 local festivities and 12 national festivities.
- The live in housemaid will have her own bedroom.
Housemaid salary in Spain
Usually the pay for housemaids depends on several factors:
- Size of the house
- Distance to urban centre
- Free days
- Number of family members.